Marcia Meara of Bookin’ It and author of some pretty interesting books, “Swamp Ghosts,” to mention one of them, just mentioned me in the One Lovely Blog Award! I was nominated by Stuart M. Perkins, http://storyshucker.wordpress.com. How cool!
I must tell seven things about myself, so here it goes:
1. I was born in Queens, New York but moved to Revere, MA at the age of 15.
2. I’ve lived in 12 states and 1 foreign country, including Manassas, VA, where I now reside.
3. I was first published at 17 for my poem, “Will They Listen,” that I wrote about a month before the assassination of Robert F. Kennedy.
4. I used to play concert piano and violin.
5. I met my soul-mate when I was 48–it’s never too late.
6. I believe that there are 12 angels around me at all times and that they have saved my life on more than one occasion.
7. I don’t take my ability to write for granted. I believe that it is a gift and am forever grateful for that ability. Phillip’s Quest, Book 1: Winterfrost, was written during a very painful time in my life–I had broken my back in January,2013, and was fearful that it, coupled with my FSHMD would land me in a wheelchair sooner than I was ready to. I believe that because I was still and couldn’t move, Phillip was written and when I was able to move, in November,it was published.
Lastly, the 15 blogs that heave been most interesting and written by some very influential people are (in no particular order)
- Linda S. Johnston
- Jane’s Journals
- Girl Eats Greens
- Keep Calm and Write On
- Cookies for Nataka
- Tater 921
- All Things Writing
Some of the above blogs are written by the mmembers of the Write by the Rails writers’ club of Manassas, VA. They are my support group, psychiatrists and all around great people. If I knew the 256 members blogs, I’d write them all down, but these people are some who I’ve come to know the best and would nominate them for Queen/King of the World! I even have a great castle for them!